Applicants must hold a valid driver’s license for the state in which they apply. This license must have been in effect for at least three years with no lapses or suspensions.
When a driver applies for a position, they must complete:
- An in-person interview
- A motor vehicle report check
- A background/sex offender and fingerprint search
- Drug screen, TB test and complete physical
- School bus driving eligibility verification
Reimbursed driver’s training is provided for all eligible driver applicants. Training at North America Central School Bus is a top priority. Our trainers are highly experienced and our courses benefit both new and experienced drivers.
After Commercial Driver’s License training and testing, drivers work individually with a trainer who provides behind-the-wheel training on:
- Defensive driving techniques
- Pre-trip inspection
- Student management
- Mirror adjustment training
- Child safety
- Emergency evacuations and procedures
- Checking your brakes
- Danger zones
Training does not end when routes are assigned. Every driver must complete monthly training courses designed to keep key lessons top of mind, ensure that they are up-to-date on any new regulations and share best practices.