Process payrolls for 3000+ employees using in-house software and all related payroll documents. Support local management teams in all payrolls needs, including training and special requests. The main point of contact for employees with escalated issues, wage garnishments, employment verifications, Unemployment wage audits, and employee portal.
- Analyze & Process weekly and biweekly payrolls for numerous locations in multiple states; using an in-house payroll system.
- Enter and verify bonus, vacation, and union payouts. Order pay cards and distribute thru our online vendor.
- Assist with assigning union dues/imitation deductions to employees and reconcile union bills to deductions on a weekly basis.
- Assist with responses to all unemployment claims, employment verifications and government questionnaires.
- Maintain employee records within payroll databases; including, but not limited to, tax changes, terminations/rehires/new hires, names changes, work status changes, position changes, rate changes.
- Assist with entering all wage garnishments and interrogatories.
- Assist with our online employee portal for enrollments and locked accounts.
- Audit internal files to ensure accuracy.
- Run and send reports as needed from our in-house database.
- Maintain companywide time off benefit log and reconcile with biweekly payrolls.
- Check emails, answer phone calls, and research and respond accordingly.
- Scan and maintain all employee files electronically.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- Associates degree preferred.
- 3-5 years payroll related experience.
- In-house payroll preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Superior interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills with pleasant phone communication ability.
- The ability to work variable hours.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal& State laws.
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and follow-up skills are vital in this position.
- Must have solid time management skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.