Regional Finance Controller
Directs and oversees financial activities of multiple locations, including preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts. Seeks operational efficiencies. Regional financial consultant.
- Develops locations’ budgets and forecasts and monitors performance.
- Generates timely financial reports and information, including operational analysis.
- Analyzes operational costs and audits driver standard hours to pinpoint opportunities for efficiencies.
- Confers with regional and location management to coordinate and prioritize planning and provides relevant fiscal information.
- Monitors locations’ KPIs and assists with corrective actions.
- Performs monthly location billing reviews; approves and assists in issue resolution.
- Reviews weekly payroll and assists in issue resolution.
- Train/assist location personnel on accounting software/excel.
- Participates in bid reviews, including RFP and bid analysis.
- Performs accounts receivable aging review and assists in collection efforts.
- Other projects as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, or Equivalent Master’s Degree with minimum of 5 years of experience.
- CPA designation desirable but not required
Experience & Skills Required
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal & State laws.
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure.
- Advanced excel skills and basic knowledge of databases.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and managerial skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and share finding across the organization.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel to other locations of 35% of the time may be required. Majority of travel is within 1-2 hours of assigned “Home” base.
Available Position Locations