Parts & Warranty Manager
Oversee the day-to-day purchasing, item master updates, parts standardization and warranty claims duties for the NACSB fleet. Work with vendors and manufacturers to ensure quality and pricing meet NACSB expectations.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of all parts entry into the maintenance system.
- Distribute recalls/campaigns from manufacturers to the field maintenance team.
- Review, evaluate, and process all warranty claims, including resolving and adjusting claims.
- Perform all parts and warranty administration. Train all end users and gather and distribute weekly/monthly reports.
- Ensure data integrity, both active and inactive, within the maintenance system.
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance/repair of vehicles assigned to corporate or local levels.
- Ensure parts quality meets or exceeds OEM standards.
- Gather fleet and maintenance information from the local operations for the weekly/monthly KPI reports for corporate and regional staff.
- Main point of contact for all parts and warranty claims. Is the company liaison with vendors for parts and warranty items.
- Keep all parts purchase and warranty files up to date and in compliance with Federal, State and Local compliance standards
- Coordinate with the local operations regarding bi-annual part inventories.
- Manage vendor performance within the scope of the contractual obligation.
- Participate in vehicle and material specification reviews.
- Analyze detailed data for RFP and RFQ reviews.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal & State laws.
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel to other locations of 25% of the time may be required.