Manages and provides oversight of safety program to support the Contract Manager, Assistant Contract Manager, and Regional Safety Manager to create a positive safety culture & to deliver expected safety results.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, and assess safety and health programs.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations, company and local policies and procedures and required documentation.
- Analyze safety records, develops recommendations, and implement corrections as required.
- Implements and monitors the contents of classroom training to insure compliance with all federal, state, and company requirements.
- Provides classroom instruction and behind the wheel training for all new and current employees as needed; to include required certification and skills enhancement training.
- Initiates and maintains all training files to insure compliance with federal and state rules and regulations, company policies and procedures to include but not limited to behind the wheel documents, MVR’s, driver authorizations, fingerprint cards, final evaluation results, and third party testing.
- Provides direction, guidance, and training, and establishes schedules for location trainers, following consistent training procedures.
- Conducts regular meetings with trainers evaluating training issues, collisions, and personal injuries or as required by contract.
- Implements and conducts annual road evaluation/observation on each driver. Assure that all new hire evaluations are conducted within a 10 to 30 day period after completion of certification.
- Implements, and coordinates monthly safety meetings including but not limited to; topic selection, agenda development, presentation, meeting room set-up, notification and recording of attendee’s.
- Measures and evaluates effectiveness of safety programs.
- Assists C/M and maintenance personnel in fleet inspection for damage, cleanliness, and other safety related items.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to include evaluation of safe work behaviors of all personnel.
- Investigates, reports, maintains & cooperates with insurance adjustors regarding injury & collision claims.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Possess, or have the ability to obtain, CDL operator’s license with endorsement and other state or local permits as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2 to 4 years of transportation safety experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues preferred.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Available Position Locations