Leads and analyzes, under limited supervision, the payroll, billing, and accounts receivable functions for assigned operating locations.
- Leads, supervises and approves the payroll from operating locations. This may include some payroll processing tasks.
- Responsible for preparing reports and working with operations staff to manage and ensure fiscal operating efficiencies, including standard hours.
- Utilizes computer softwares to analyze business in an effort to improve cost controls and identify deficiencies. Includes, but is not limited to GPS, payroll and routing systems.
- Prepares and reviews all location invoices, customer bills and assures follow-up and timely collection.
- Analyzes variances and prepares trend reports to ensure appropriate follow up and management actions can be taken to reduce costs.
- Develops & Manages standard operating procedures for financial accounting within company guidelines. Responsible to train operations personnel on processes and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, forecast models and financial reports as needed.
- Primary liaison to corporate finance departments. Coordinates, prepares and submits information requested to regional and corporate staff, including month end closing activities.
- Analyzes monthly financial statements, providing detailed variance analysis and works with operations management to determine appropriate action plans.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting other departments and/or locations during peak times.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance preferred.
- Associate’s degree with related experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial related field.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements & other state or local permits as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Have understanding of financial and payroll standards.
- Good verbal communication skills and be a team player, willing to assist where needed.
- Knowledge of operations based environment is a plus.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal& State laws.
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, database and accounting computer application systems.
- Exceptional organizational & analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Available Position Locations