Assistant Contract Manager
To support the Contract Manager in managing daily operations and administrative functions, including but not limited to, route supervision, staff and driver supervision, charter program oversight, effective communication with internal and external customers and coaching employees for optimal performance, managing the entire operation in the absence of the Contract Manager, complying with all company policies. To prepare the individual to take on a Contract Manager role within 12 months.
- Assists contract manager with oversight of location including supervision of location staff. Communicated job requirements and expectations. Monitors the performance of staff, provides coaching and guidance, and takes corrective measures when necessary as required.
- Assists the manager in meeting school district requirements, including resolving service issues.
- Assists with the financial administration of the location to meet targets, including monitoring spending.
- Assists in problem solving and human resources with regard to employees and policy enforcement.
- Assists with student management and addresses issues.
- Fully trained and capable of running other departments in the event a department becomes vacant. Duties in other departments include, but are not limited to: Dispatching, Safety, and Clerical.
- In conjunction with safety coordinator, ensures all federal, state, local and company recordkeeping requirements including Workers Compensation, Driver Exemption Logs, Motor Vehicle Reports, Controlled Substance program and Criminal Records are met.
- Develop all skills necessary to become a Contract Manager in the future, as well as be flexible to manager and/or assist other locations when needed.
- Perform any other management requests or directives as they relate to the overall function of the facility.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the transportation industry.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- CDL may be required with school bus endorsements.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work early morning hours.
- Must maintain a professional and respectful attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Dress in a professional and appropriate manner for a business environment.
- Perform all job functions in the safest manner adhering to OSHA guidelines & other applicable Federal& State laws.
- Execute all job duties while following company policy and procedure.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use or learn to use internet, additional programs as required and office equipment, including fax and phones or other electronic devices.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in an office environment as well as a transportation terminal facility environment. In addition to various operating systems, electronic & transportation equipment, motorized equipment, and machinery, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to company, regulatory agency, customer, and/or location policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, weather conditions, pedestrian traffic, and uneven or rough paved, concreted, and stoned surfaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Available Position Locations